I have Cisco 2960's, 3750's and 3750x's all running IOS on the access layer. I have Cisco 6504's running IOS on the Distribution and Core layers. I am looking to monitor redundant links through Spectrum by having specific ports send traps but I have run into trouble finding how to configure it.
I would like to have:
1. Logging enabled for all links (Fiber and Copper) so that I see all links up/down messages in the syslog
2. SNMP traps sent for linkup/linkdown messages only for redundant links (ex. Dual Uplinks from Access Layer or Redundant Etherchannel Links on Dist Layer)
3. SNMP traps should be ignored/not sent for all copper ports.
Please let me know if you can help with this configuration.
I setup my devices as you stated, Enabling link traps globally and shutting off traps on each copper interface. When I test, I am getting two traps:
1. First trap is from the 2960 device stating Link Down.
2. Second trap is from the CiscoLogMibNotification stating Link Down.
The second trap is what is causing the erroneous traps. I would like to enable this all over my network but I get the CiscoLogMibNotification for each device where the link is connected. Your help is much appreciated.
What is AppQoE?
AppQoE is a WAN optimization stack and optimizes WAN traffic for different use cases for applications that are deployed on-prem or in cloud.
What are the benefits of using AppQoE?
AppQoE improves application experience by d...
The application delivery challenges have been the enemy of network since the advent of Internet. So, what are these application delivery challenges that can bring down a network to its heels?
Above are some of the common problems faced not only by tradit...
It is our pleasure to officially announce the finalists in the 2021 IT Blog Awards. Now we are looking to YOU, our amazing tech community, to weigh in. Check out the amazing educational content we've uncovered and vote for your favorites before Friday, Fe...
SD-WAN Advanced Deployment What is SD-WAN? SD-WAN is Software define wide area network and SD-WAN is key part of the technology of software-defined networking . SDN is a centralized approach to network management which abstract...