Views
Helpful
Replies

SNMS question

mo shea
Level 1
Level 1

Hi....

I am running SNMS 1.0 on a w2k pro machine. When I type the ip address of an edge switch and go to cisco view, I get the graphical representation of the ports with all the colours, the only problem is that when I right click the switch and go to configure I get a 'tcp timeout error' and 'no route to host' error. But whent I do the same for the core switch I face no problems althiugh both are on the same management vlan. What could be the cause of this? I have tried diagonistic tools to test http on the edge switch and the result was successful.

One more thing is that the core modules (6509) show 'not supported' on CV, and when I go to update it requires a CCO account. Does the vendor who supplied this software need to give me this account or there is a way to subscribe to it?

Thanks

1 Reply 1

b.hsu
Level 5
Level 5

I think the Cisco View that you have currently does not have all the required Patches. These patches differ for each platform and must be added for the Cisco Works to have full functionality. You could check with your vendor on how to get the patches or if you have a CCO login i guess you could upgrade the patches online.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card