Views
Helpful
Replies

Splitting Templates into Directories in NSO

Translator
Community Manager
Community Manager

We are currently using NSO 5.5.4.1.

There are a lot of templates in the project I am currently working on, and I would like to organize semantically similar groupings by dividing them into directories. When you create a subdirectory under the templates directory, is there a way to refer to the template xml file under it from python callback?

If it is not possible to split into subdirectories, I would appreciate it if someone who knows could inform me about that.

Thank you in advance.

1 Reply 1

Jonny Bacoz
Level 1
Level 1

In NSO 5.5.4.1, you have the ability to arrange templates into subdirectories by creating subdirectories within the templates directory. To reference the template XML files in your Python callback, you would use the complete path. For instance, if you have a subdirectory named "network" containing a template file called "router.xml", you would refer to it as "network/router.xml". If this approach does not yield the desired results, it could indicate a limitation. In such cases, consulting the NSO documentation or seeking guidance from the NSO support community can offer additional insights.