cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SSID not discoverable by laptop in Packet Tracer

cmonte0247
Level 1
Level 1

We have configured two Lightweight Access Points using a 3504 WLC. Both access points are connected to the WLC, and have been assigned IP addresses through DHCP from the WLC. Both also state they are providing the WLAN we created. Authentication for the WLAN is configured using WPA-2 Enterprise with 802.1X authentication key management using a RADIUS server which is set up in our topology. The SSID is enabled, and its WLAN has FlexConnect local switching and local auth enabled. Both APs are FlexConnect compatible as well.

When attempting to connect a laptop (wireless adapter is connected) to this SSID, it does not appear as an option to connect to in the PC Wireless menu, even after creating a profile that corresponds with our settings.

We wanted to know if there are any other configurations to check for or any issues in our topology that are preventing the laptop from identifying the WLAN. Attached is our Packet Tracer file. Thank you in advance!

4 Replies 4

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- FYI : Community group for Packet Tracer project questions

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

Hello,

I opened your file, but I cannot even access the WLAN controller from the management PC, as everything for some reason is extremely slow. Which SSID are you using, and what authentication on the laptop (e.g. WPA2, WPA2-PSK) ?

The SSID is SSID-5 and the authentication is WPA2 Enterprise.

I unzipped the file to test, and everything is working. I was able to ping the WLC and access the configuration through the web browser using https://192.168.40.2 from the WLC MGMT PC.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card