cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

syslog IOS Support

jparlas
Level 1
Level 1

I am trying to send ip nat log translations syslog to our syslog server but all the messages show up on console log instead.

Using C2801 with following commands:

Logging on

logging host x.x.x.x

logging orgin-id hostname

logging trap 6

ip nat log translations syslog

The only entries coming into syslog are interface changes and whether people are making changes to the router via telnet. All nat log translations are pipeing only to the console for some reason.

5 Replies 5

irisrios
Level 6
Level 6

Its problem with router not sending these translation syslogs in proper format. You may have to upgrade to IOS release 12.2(15) or higher.

I am trying to do the same and am getting nothing at the syslog server. I am running c807-advsecurityk9-mz.124-4.T1.bin. Any ides?

Many thanks in advance,

Tracey

These are not proper syslog messages but rather debugging messages made to look like syslog messages. Therefore, you will need to increase your logging trap level to debug to see these messages.

Hi Joe,

Thanks for your reply. I already have logging trap level set to debug. Here is the relevant config:

logging trap debugging

logging facility local2

logging source-interface Vlan1

logging 10.10.10.10

ip nat log translations syslog

Am I missing something obvious?

Thanks again,

Tracey

Hi Joe,

We have found the messages on the syslog server. They weren't where we expected them to be. I think your comment about them being debugging messages set us off on the right trial.

Many thanks, once again.

Tracey

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card