cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Topology View / Service with Cisco Prime Infrastructure 2.x "PRIME-NCS-APL-K9" ????

vishal agavane
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Team,

Hope you all doing well.

I just want know few thing about Cisco Prime Infra 2.x.

1st thing is does CPI2.x support Network topology View? if not then is that any other feature which can provide Network View (exa :- Map,etc)?

2nd thing is it possible to take Telnet/Ssh of discovered device from CPI2.x then how we can do that?

3rd Thing if we want to add third party device in CPI2.x then what are prerequisite for the same (Vendor MIB, etc) and procedure?

Your help will be appreciated.

Thanks,

Vishal

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

AFROJ AHMAD
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Vishal,

Network topology View feature supported added in PI 2.2 . so with PI 2.2. you can view the Network topology .

Telnet\SSH via PI , I don't think. this feature is available in PI as of now,

Third-party support

Ability to discover and monitor third-party (non-Cisco) switches that support RFC 1213 and wireless controllers/access points from Aruba Networks

Thanks-
Afroz
***Ratings Encourages Contributors ****

Thanks- Afroz [Do rate the useful post] ****Ratings Encourages Contributors ****

View solution in original post

Afroz - remember node locking was phased out as of PI 2.2 and the license will not need to be rehosted.

View solution in original post

9 Replies 9

AFROJ AHMAD
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Vishal,

Network topology View feature supported added in PI 2.2 . so with PI 2.2. you can view the Network topology .

Telnet\SSH via PI , I don't think. this feature is available in PI as of now,

Third-party support

Ability to discover and monitor third-party (non-Cisco) switches that support RFC 1213 and wireless controllers/access points from Aruba Networks

Thanks-
Afroz

Thanks- Afroz [Do rate the useful post] ****Ratings Encourages Contributors ****

Hi Afroz,

We have Cisco Prime Infrastructure 2.1 (2.1.0.0.87) installed in our network can you please let me know will it possible to upgrade PI from 2.1 to 2.2 which support topology service if so then please share your valuable guidance for the same.

Thanks,

Vishal

Hi Vishal,

Yes ,of course . you can upgrade the PI from 2.1 to 2.2::

check the below link::

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/net_mgmt/prime/infrastructure/2-2/quickstart/guide/cpi_qsg.html#pgfId-113783

Step 1:: take the backup of the existing PI which is PI 2.1

Step2  :: Installed PI 2.2 ( it will be a fresh installation , there is no inline -upgarde for PI 2.2. )

Step 3: Restore the backup

Thanks-

Afroz

****Ratings Encourages Contributors ****

Eealy appricated your reply Afroz, 

Cisco PI seems to be physcial appliance (PRIME-NCS-APL-K9) correct me if i am wrong, what it's seems this appliance is based on linux platform can you please guide me for fresh installation of PI 2.2?

This is new PI 2.1 server so i don't have any configuration in it, still i need to take backup of PI 2.1 ? 

Please correct me if i am going wrong or completely wrong somewhere, do we required PI 2.2 ISO DVD and we'll boot from PI 2.2 DVD and so on? if so then please let me know from where i can download PI 2.2 Image file and to download this file do i need any special rights? and procedure for the same.

or

Can we installed PI 2.2 from current PI 2.1 GUI access? if so then please share procedure & required files Link for the same.

Thanks,
Vishal

Hi Vishal,

Since you don't have any data as such on PI 2.1 , go ahead installed PI 2.2 on the Appliance.

Yes , you need to download , the .ISO image and burned it on DVD and start the installation.

here is the download link::

https://software.cisco.com/download/release.html?mdfid=286236028&flowid=72882&softwareid=284272932&release=2.2&relind=AVAILABLE&rellifecycle=&reltype=latest

You need to check if you are entitle for download or not.

Can we installed PI 2.2 from current PI 2.1 GUI access? No , it is not possible.

check these links for installation step::

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/net_mgmt/prime/infrastructure/2-2/quickstart/guide/cpi_qsg.html#pgfId-43441

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/net_mgmt/prime/infrastructure/2-2/hardware_install/guide/Cisco_PI_Hardware_Appliance_Installation_Guide/cpi_higmain.html#pgfId-1062344

Thanks-

Afroz

Thanks Afroz,

I'll do the same and update you on the same however please let me know I have licensed file for PI 2.1 will that file work with PI 2.2?

Thanks,

Vishal

contact license team to re-host the license.

Afroz - remember node locking was phased out as of PI 2.2 and the license will not need to be rehosted.

Hi Afroz,

Thanks for your prompt and appropriate support on subject issue.

I have successfully upgrade  PI 2.1 to PI 2.2 with the help of your guidance, as Marvin said previous license file has been used to licensed PI 2.2. now under "Maps" option I can view "Network Topology" Option. I'll add node in it and will update you on the same.

Thanks,

Vishal