Views
Helpful
Replies

Traceroute using SNMP MIB

Phil33300
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

I would like to do a traceroute using SNMP MIB. I found the CISCO-STACK MIB which is not supported on the platform I run. I found the DISMAN-TRACEROUTE which seems to be not supported at all by cisco devices...

Is there any MIB available on Cisco routers supporting traceroute functionnalities ?

Thanks!

--Phil

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The CISCO-RTTMON-MIB will allow you to setup an IP SLA operation called pathEcho that works like a traceroute.  It will test the round-trip response time between a source device and destination node.  Support for this will require an image with a feature set greater than IPBASE.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The CISCO-RTTMON-MIB will allow you to setup an IP SLA operation called pathEcho that works like a traceroute.  It will test the round-trip response time between a source device and destination node.  Support for this will require an image with a feature set greater than IPBASE.

Argggg. I completely forgot IPSLA ... yes, you're right patchEcho is doing a traceroute and I can fetch the IP ... Thanks!

--Phil

Hi,

Can you give an example script to fetch traceroute result using CISCO-RTTMON?

Thanks!

The short answer is simply to walk the rttMonEchoPathAdminTable.  Each entry will be the IP address of one of the hops in the path for a given collector.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: