cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Trouble sending break signal to multiple Cisco devices vbs vbscript

Siren
Level 1
Level 1

Using SecureCRT to run vbs VBscript to erase multiple routers and switches from one Windows PC.

Cannot break machines into rommon mode using a a) vbs script running b) in multiple windows. Using an access server I run 8 open sessions and often times if I power on all 8 machines at once, running the same script, only one of the machines will break.  When I run the script on one machine at a time they all break but not on multiple machines. It seems like the break signal is not reaching the other machines and no sign it is being received on the terminal. When I see the script fail to break the machines I can manually break it from my keyboard easily every time.

Please offer any suggestions.

Much trouble sending break signal to multiple Cisco devices vbs vbscript over terminal server

2 Replies 2

antisocial11224
Level 1
Level 1

@Siren wrote:

Using SecureCRT to run vbs VBscript to erase multiple routers and switches from one Windows PC.

Cannot break machines into rommon mode using a a) vbs script running b) in multiple windows. Using an access server I run 8 open sessions and often times if I power on all 8 machines at once, running the same script, only one of the machines will break.  When I run the script on one machine at a time they all break but not on multiple machines. It seems like the break signal is not reaching the other machines and no sign it is being received on the terminal. When I see the script fail to break the machines I can manually break it from my keyboard easily every time.

Please offer any suggestions.

Much trouble sending break signal to multiple Cisco devices vbs vbscript over terminal server

It is likely due to timing and session handling challenges in a multi-session environment. First, ensure that there is adequate delay between sending break signals to each device. Sometimes, if signals are sent too quickly in succession, they may not be processed correctly by the devices. Adding a delay in your script between the break signals for each device can help. Additionally, ensure that each session is properly initialized and ready to receive the break signal before sending it. This might involve checking the session status and confirming that the connection is fully established. You can also experiment with different methods of sending the break signal within SecureCRT, such as using the built-in function crt.Session.SendBreak, which might be more reliable than simulating keystrokes. If these steps do not resolve the issue, consider breaking the task into smaller batches, handling fewer devices at a time, to see if it improves reliability.

Hello,

post the vbs script you are running...