cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unable to Add Cisco Switches to LibreNMS

JWHolm81891
Level 1
Level 1

So, I'm new to LibreNMS. I have noticed some of our Cisco switches weren't on there to be monitored at our newer sites, so I am trying to add them today. I compare the 'add device' configs in Libre with other switches that are being monitored and everything looks the same including access lists and community. I checked is SNMP is active in the switch and it is. I can ping the switch fine. When I add the device though, I am getting alerts that SNMP and ICMP not responding. Any thoughts of what I need to do? 

5 Replies 5

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

i would advise to compare the config working vs not working switch

or post here the config bits of work and vs not working here.

Remove the ACL and test it, so this confirms not the issue with ACL.

after ACL remove still not working, check is the SNMP config is correct and using right source of IP address.

there is some example LibreNMS point of view :

https://docs.librenms.org/Support/SNMP-Configuration-Examples/

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

The access list and SNMP are identical on both the switch that is able to be monitored and the new one I can't add. 

The access list and SNMP are identical on both the switch that is able to be monitored and the new one I can't add. 

if all same to same, it should work as expected, since that is not working, hence this post here.

So kinldy provide the config working vs not working to suggest ( for now we are dark, what configured, we can only play here if and but, until we know and see the config)

BB

@balaji.bandi wrote: Panorama Charter

if all same to same, it should work as expected, since that is not working, hence this post here.

So kinldy provide the config working vs not working to suggest ( for now we are dark, what configured, we can only play here if and but, until we know and see the config)

I read some articles on this site and I think your blog is really interesting and has great information. Thank you for your sharing.

I read some articles on this site and I think your blog is really interesting and has great information. Thank you for your sharing.

Yo ...Appriciated your input and greate views, it makes happy when you get compliments, we are all here to help each other share the knowledge.

Cheers !

BB