Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unable to add WLC 9800 in Cisco Prime

Hello All,

When I am trying to add a newly deployed 9800-L-K9 WLC into the cisco Prime, I am getting an error. Snap attached.

While verifying the snmp and credentials it shows successfully verified and when I click on ADD it shows below warning message. then after I can't find the new device. 

WLC running with 17.6.4

Prime running with 3.10

HemanthShanthapp_0-1684314650204.png

4 Replies 4

Hi

In version 3.7 there was a bug with similar behavior:

PI 3.7.1 update 2 failure adding devices to inventory with credentials set per device
CSCvv81542  

"Symptom: Adding device manually to Prime Infrastructure's inventory with configured SNMP and SSH credentials per device results in the error, "Device already exists: x.x.x.x - Transaction rolledback because it has been marked as roll back." Credential verification was executed successfully. Doing the same process using a credential profile (with same SNMP community and SSH user/password) works with no issues."

Try to add using using the credential profile. Create a credential profile and when adding the device use the profile you created and not the credentials directly. 

FlavioMiranda_0-1684321686983.png

Hello Flavio,

Thanks for reply.

I am using credentials profile, not direct credentials. Its not happening with both options.

On this case you probably need a Cisco Tac.  This IP address probably need to be removed from the Data base using command line and only a Cisco engineer will be able to do that as far as I can tell. 

And, probably you hit a similar bug on this version with different behavior.  

I am suspecting same, let see if some one have idea about this issue..!!! If not I will be go with Cisco TAC.

Thank you