cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unable to get "shell processing full" to work IOS15+ and IOS-XE

enewburn1
Level 1
Level 1

I understand that Cisco devices will accept Linux REGEX commands (eg grep, grep -v, more, etc) after being issued the command "shell processing full" from global configuration. I've tried this on ASR1K, ISR4K, Cat9K, and even a 2911 with IOS 15.x.x. All devices accept the command, but none of them actually give me the tools I'm looking for:

Example

switch#show ip interface brief | grep

The examples I've come across seem to suggest this is really easy - what am I doing wrong here?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Francesco Molino
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni
Hi

What do you mean they don't give you the tools?
Are you trying to do ? after the pipe sign? If so you won't see the grep feature.
If you've enabled the shell processing full command then just use the grep command and it will work.

Thanks
Francesco
PS: Please don't forget to rate and select as validated answer if this answered your question

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Francesco Molino
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni
Hi

What do you mean they don't give you the tools?
Are you trying to do ? after the pipe sign? If so you won't see the grep feature.
If you've enabled the shell processing full command then just use the grep command and it will work.

Thanks
Francesco
PS: Please don't forget to rate and select as validated answer if this answered your question

Francesco you are a genius! Sure enough that's exactly what it was. Mostly all I care about is running grep redirects for specific output. This now works great on our ASR-1000Xs, ISR-4Ks and Cat9Ks. Part of what I was doing wrong was running it with a 'do' while in config mode. This doesn't work - I have to run it directly from Priv EXEC.

You da man! Thank you

You're welcome

Thanks
Francesco
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: