Views
Helpful
Replies

UNSUPPORTED OID

SandeepDhuri
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

i want to monitor Memory, for Cisco Router from Solarwinds NPM. But i get OID type unsupported.

Please help me to solve the issue.

Details are as follows.

OID- "ciscoMemoryPoolUsed"  /  1.3.6.1.4.1.9.9.48.1.1.1.5

Router details - Cisco router Cisco 2911K9 (C2900 Software (C2900-UNI​VERSALK9-M), Version 15.1(2)T4.1, )

Screen shot attached.

i will provide more details if required.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

OK, so you have verified SNMP connectivity and ability to retrieve some variables. That's good.

The MIB Locator confirms that OID should be supported on that platform. Also good.

I looked in Bug Search tool and there are no published bugs that would affect what your're trying to do.

At this point, I would open a TAC case and let an engineer work directly with you to debug the issue.

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

That should be supported on that platform. It checks out on the IOS MIB Locator:

http://tools.cisco.com/ITDIT/MIBS/MainServlet?ReleaseSel=4016&PlatformSel=93&fsSel=1319

That OID is a Gauge32 object in that MIB:

ftp://ftp.cisco.com/pub/mibs/v2/CISCO-MEMORY-POOL-MIB.my

I'd try an snmpwalk on the device and see what it thinks it supports.

Hi Marvin,

Thanks for your reply,

is there any command i can run for my router to check the OID it supports.

Regards,

Sandeep

Not directly. You need to query it using snmpwalk.

If you have SolarWinds NCM, snmpwalk command line utility is included on the server. Reference

It's also available in Solarwinds Engineer's Toolset.

You can also downlaod it via open source repositories and use it on any Linux host. Here's one example how.

Hi Marvin,

Tryed this form Solarwinds server.

C:\Program Files (x86)\SolarWinds\Orion\SnmpWalk.exe.

But it gave time out.

the screen shot is attached.

Is there any other way i can trouble shoot this.

Thanks for your help

Are you sure the SNMP community string is configured on the device, there are no SNMP ACLs blocking you and no intervening firewall?

You can always do a packet capture on the server filtering on the router IP address to see if you are getting any reply at all. You can also move up the tree and see if anything is returned. I like to check something basic that's everywhere - like uptime.

I use the free Paessler SNMP tester. It's a bit more flexible and looks like this (open in new tab to zoom):

yes, i am sure that No ACL is applied and Community string is correct because the device is replying for other OID

such as

1.3.6.1.4.1.9.2.1.57 -- > AvgBusy cpu 1 min
1.3.6.1.4.1.9.2.1.8 -- > free memory in bytes

OK, so you have verified SNMP connectivity and ability to retrieve some variables. That's good.

The MIB Locator confirms that OID should be supported on that platform. Also good.

I looked in Bug Search tool and there are no published bugs that would affect what your're trying to do.

At this point, I would open a TAC case and let an engineer work directly with you to debug the issue.

Thanks Marvin