Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Upgrade Cisco Prime LMS 4.0 to Cisco Prime Infrastructure 2.1

My company has asked me to migrate Prime LMS 4.0 to Prime Infrastructure 2.0 for a client and can not find the guide, the questions are? the migration is possible without an intermediate step? and There is a guide to update LMS 4.0 to PI 2.0 ??

Thanks in advance.

10 Replies 10

AFROJ AHMAD
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Rafael,

You would need to installed the PI as a new installed and data migration is not possible from LMS to PI .

Only a few things can be migrated like

Device Credential and Repository (DCR) Devices  etc..

Check the below link for data migration between LMS and PI ::

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/net_mgmt/prime/infrastructure/2-0/administrator/guide/PIAdminBook/ManageData.html#pgfId-1055763

PI 2.0 quick start guide:

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/net_mgmt/prime/infrastructure/2-0/quickstart/guide/cpi_qsg.html

Download link for PI software:

https://software.cisco.com/download/navigator.html?mdfid=284145020&i=rm

Thanks-

Afroz

***Ratings Encourages Contributors ***

Thanks- Afroz [Do rate the useful post] ****Ratings Encourages Contributors ****

Hi Afroz,

Thanks for links, I will review. Our presale  department has purchased upgrade licenses, i don´t Know  if they have sold well. I will talk with the customer.
Thank you so much !!!

Adding to Afroz's correct answer:

Prime Infrastructure (PI) licenses are offered as an available "upgrade" part number for customers with LMS 4.x. That's not the actual action necessary - one only migrates LMS device and credential repository (DCR) and then only if desired.

Prime Infrastructure is a new installation on a new dedicated server (a VM hosted on ESXi usually although a hardware appliance option is also offered).

FYI for a new installation you should start with PI 2.2.

Hi,

Next week I will to talk  whith the customer and see what options are updating and installation.
These are the licenses purchased presales department.

We think that these licenses we can install a new PI 2.1  and migrate DCR to lms 4.2 (DCR) becouse have licenses but are not sure.

thanks.

R-L-PI2X-U-K91LMS to Cisco Prime Infrastructure 2.x Upgrade+I30
CON-PSBU-PI2XLMSU1PSS SWSS UPGRADES NULL SKU-No line item services included
Duration: 36 Month(s)
L-PILMS42A-100-M1Prime Infrastructure LMS 4.2A - 100 Device Upgrade Lic
L-PILMS42-KIT1Prime Infrastructure - LMS License Kit
L-L-PI2X-100-U1LMS to Prime Infrastructure 2.x Upgrade 100 Device
CON-PSBU-P2XLF1H1PSS SWSS UPGRADES PI 2.x - Lifecycle - 100 Device Lic
L-PI2X-BASE1Prime Infrastructure 2.x Base License
CON-PSBU-PI2XBASE1PSS SWSS UPGRADES Prime Infrastructure 2.x Base License
R-PI21-SW-K91Prime Infrastructure 2.1 Software
CON-PSBU-PI21SW1PSS SWSS UPGRADES Prime Infrastructure 2.1 Software

Hi ,

you can use the below license for PI 2.1, this should work fine.

L-PI2X-BASE    1    Prime Infrastructure 2.x Base License

L-L-PI2X-100-U and you can use the Life cycle license to add devices count.

Thanks-

Afroz

Thanks- Afroz [Do rate the useful post] ****Ratings Encourages Contributors ****

Hi,

I will try to install L-PI2X-BASE  and after, I Will migrate DCR.

Thanks.

The device export CSV/XLS file from LMS is not the same as the CSV file used by CPI, so I suggest that you export the devices from LMS, then export the device import template from CPI. Open both files in Excel and do the necessary customizations to make the device list from LMS fit into the import template that CPI requires. It should just be a matter of rearranging a few rows and pasting them into the CPI import template.

As Marvin mentioned earlier, go for CPI 2.2. There's no reason to use 2.1 or 2.0. You will save yourself a lot of trouble when you want to upgrade to the next version as you cannot do an inline upgrade to 2.2.

Hi Mikael,

Ok, thanks for the suggestions. We will keep in our mind when we will install it.

Prime LMS 4.2.2 added support for the PI template directly:

Export Data for Prime Infrastructure

Cisco Prime LAN Management Solution supports data migration to Prime Infrastructure 1.2. This feature enables user to export the Device Credentials Repository (DCR) data from LMS 4.2.x versions to Prime Infrastructure 1.2. The data backup status and backup location are displayed at the bottom of the Export Data for Prime Infrastructure page. The data being exported from LMS and the data imported back to PI are listed as follows.

Data exported from LMS

Device Credentials Repository (DCR)

Software Image Management

Config Archive

Change Audit

Syslog

Data Imported to PI

Device Credentials Repository

Wasn't aware of this. Thumbs-up to Cisco for that.