cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Upgrade LMS 3.2 to LMS 4 - which kit to order?

mo shea
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

We are currently running LMS 3.2 w/ 300 deivce license. I have several questions regarding the upgrade kit to be purchased,

1. Form what I have understood, the upgrade kit CWLMS-4.0-300UPK9 can be used to upgrade the existing installation or even install from scratch. Since this is what I am looking for (either fresh install or an upgrade) what would I be missing out if I choose the upgrade kit rather than the complete media kit CWLMS-4.0-300-K9?
  2. If we decide to expand the License to 750 devices, will the upgrade kit suffice, or a complete kit is required?
  3. To get a CCO account and updates for LMS, is this the right part number for the SAS contract - CON-SAS-LMS4300
All Help is appreciated

3 Replies 3

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

I purchased and made a similar upgrade in January.

They had been running a special discount for the upgrade vs. full new license purchase. You'll have to check with your account manager or reseller whether that's still the case. In both cases, the media is the same.

You're really purchasing the license to use the product (same bits as available as an evaluation download) without time limit for the licensed number of managed devices. Your purchase will include a Product Activation Key (PAK) used to obtain a license file from Cisco.

Once you've moved your 300-device LMS 3.2 to 4.0 (or 4.01 currently), you would need the separate SKU to upgrade it to a 750 device license. Again, all you will really get is a piece of paper with a PAK that you use to request a license which is then delivered to you electronically.

The SAS support is similarly priced differently for the different licensing tiers.

Good luck!

Thanks for the reply,

But there is a price difference between the upgrade kit and the full media kit (almost 50% more), according to GPL list price. So wont it make sense to buy only the upgrade kit rather than the full one for someone who never bought LMS before, rendering the full kit useless? Or I might have gotten the whole idea all wrong?

Thanks again

You're welcome and thanks for the rating.

The upgrade SKU is intended for customers who already own a licensed copy of a pre-4.0 version.

I believe the folks at Cisco will check their records for eligibility as part of the order fulfillment process.