cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Upgrade to LMS 2.5 or Install New LMS 2.5?

mbrustman
Level 1
Level 1

I am trying to decide between upgrading to LMS 2.5 and just installing brand new as I have some cleanup to do with my inventory and naming convention problems with renaming between CM and RME and numerous Java client issues.

But I am not clear if one can obtain full install disks for LMS 2.5 or if the upgrade disks are one in the same. If they are not the full disks, does anyone know if there would be a cost associated with obtaining the cd's? It seems they send me a box of 10-15 disks anyways for upgrades...what would be the diff for new installs.

Any responses are appreciated

3 Replies 3

rmushtaq
Level 8
Level 8

Better if you do a fresh install of LMS 2.5 rather than doing an upgrade

Keyan
Level 1
Level 1

Do a fresh install, espcially if you already have issues with your inventory. I attempted an upgrade and the whole thing just exploded. I had database processes refusing to start, all kinds of fun things, so we just reformatted the server with windows 2003. Has been running great since.

The upgrade CDs are in fact the full installers. However, make sure you go and get the license from CCO using the PAK that came with the CDs and store it locally to your hard drive BEFORE you start the installer.

Use the instructions that they give for doing an upgrade from an old server to a new server when doing the fresh install and you should be set.

Note that there are a couple of upgrade validation cli scripts you have to run post install that will require your origonal LMS CDs (one for RME and one for DFM).

I would highly suggest using Windows Sever 2003 if you are in a windows environment if that option is available to you.

mvervoorn
Level 1
Level 1

I would advise NOT to upgrade or install LMS 2.5. there are far to many bugs in LMS2.5. My advise is to wait a little longer till most bugs are fixed.

I have upgraded to LMS 2.5 and encounterd on so many bugs. I can't do anything with configuration management (tacacs login fails, tftp on CatOS fails).I have for about 5 TAC cases which are all mayor bugs and will maybe be solved in the next LMS release (LMS 2.5.1). I very much regret I have upgraded to LMS 2.5.