cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Upgrading to Cisco ISE 3.1 from 2.7 patch 8 fails.

trondaker
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Tried going from ISE 2.7 patch 8 to 3.1 via the bundle: ise-upgradebundle-2.6.x-3.0.x-to-3.1.0.518b.SPA.x86_64.tar.gz

When the secondary monitor/admin-node was restarted, the application ise cannot start with the following message:

x-ise-001/admin# application start ise
% Error: ISE Integrity Check Failed! One or more ISE program files appears to
% be tampered with. Check system log for specific error(s).
% Application failed to start

All health checks passed before starting the upgrade. I see the CSCwb70401 mentions something similar with patch 2, but that was not applied here, just the vanilla upgrade-bundle. Any hope of fixing this without TAC?

6 Replies 6

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- I don't know if the particular upgrade path is supported ; ref : https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/net_mgmt/prime/infrastructure/3-1/quickstart/guide/cpi_qsg.html#76503
   >...You can upgrade the following Prime Infrastructure versions to Prime Infrastructure 3.1:

• Cisco Prime Infrastructure 3.0.3
  • Technology Package 1.0.3 for Cisco Prime Infrastructure 3.0.2
  • Cisco Prime Infrastructure 3.0.2
  • Cisco Prime Infrastructure 3.0.1
  • Cisco Prime Infrastructure 3.0.0.78

If your product/version is not in this list, to upgrade to 3.1, you must first upgrade to version 3.0.x at a minimum.

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

-Well then at least the two documents are conflicting , you could try 'via 3.0' first , hope you have full backup or vm-copy (e.g.) of the Prime environment you are working on (always advisable) . 

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

trondaker
Level 1
Level 1

ISE, not Prime.

- Sorry for that I got completely confused , the reason being that this group has usually has 'the Prime questions...' and not ISE...., you should post  the original question in https://community.cisco.com/t5/network-access-control/bd-p/discussions-network-access-control , I could move the thread but I will not do that now because it is already 'poised' and useful answers may no longer get appended. Post the 'native problem' again in there  , 

M.

trondaker
Level 1
Level 1

Oh, im sorry, couldnt quite find the correct section - thank you.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card