Views
Helpful
Replies

USB port blocking

BrunoZ
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

The Cisco 2960-X has two USB-A ports available on the front. I have a request to have these USB ports deactivated. I did not find any word in the Software Configuration Guide about shutting down these ports from CLI. Is there a solution ? 

3 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Thank you. I have read carefully the documentation and your answer confirms my reading. Regarding the physical blocking of ports, we are using port locks: some exist with universal keys, others with individual keys. However, it is bad that we cannot apply a full "in depth" defense 

View solution in original post

Thank you for the information

Faresnani
Level 1
Level 1

In this case, you need to apply physical security to your Data Center

10 Replies 10

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Personally i do not belive you have support of this in Switches(i see some feature in routers -hw-module usb disable) . If any one can able to access USB Port, then you have bigger problem of physical security.

use the Tape and close it - that only option i can see here.

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Thank you. I have read carefully the documentation and your answer confirms my reading. Regarding the physical blocking of ports, we are using port locks: some exist with universal keys, others with individual keys. However, it is bad that we cannot apply a full "in depth" defense 

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

This feature is only supported on some platforms running IOS-XE.  

Thank you for the information

Faresnani
Level 1
Level 1

In this case, you need to apply physical security to your Data Center

My switches are not located in a data center, but in an industrial site. Of course, you do not have any concern if you are in a secure area

Hello,

on a side note, I guess you could put a password on the console port (line con 0 --> password password). 

so if you mean by USB console port yes you're right, but I thought that you mean USB port for data transfer 

I mean USB port for data transfer

I mean USB-A ports for data tranbsfer