cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

User Password!

Erick.Valle
Level 1
Level 1

Hello everyone, I have a senerio that I am not to clear about.  I have been adding devices to my Ciscoworks server with not problem at this point.  I am using the same user name and password on each device for logins.  each device then send the authentication information to ACS were the same user is setup as well.  Here is my problem.  I have a requirement that I must meet or somehow get around it.  I need to change the user password once a year.  The ACS is no problem.  I can configure the new password 1 single time and that's fine.  However, in CW, I have configured over 100 devices with the same user name and password.  Is there a place in Ciscoworks that i can change the management user password for all the device that I have configure once?  Like in the ACS or would I have to do this change 100 x?

Please advise & thank you in advance,

Erick

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Vinod Arya
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

If all the devices has same credentials, you can goto CS > DCR > Device Mgmt and select all the devices at one go and change the crendential,

without a need to one by one.

Also, you can make Default Credential Set once and select all the devices and apply the Default Credential Set credentials with a fewer clicks.

Also, there is a Default Credential Set Policy Configuration, you can configure default credential set policies and apply the default credentials for a

range of devices to be added or imported to DCR.

-Thanks

-Thanks Vinod **Rating Encourages contributors, and its really free. **

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Vinod Arya
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

If all the devices has same credentials, you can goto CS > DCR > Device Mgmt and select all the devices at one go and change the crendential,

without a need to one by one.

Also, you can make Default Credential Set once and select all the devices and apply the Default Credential Set credentials with a fewer clicks.

Also, there is a Default Credential Set Policy Configuration, you can configure default credential set policies and apply the default credentials for a

range of devices to be added or imported to DCR.

-Thanks

-Thanks Vinod **Rating Encourages contributors, and its really free. **

Thanks Vinarya, I don't know why i did not think of that.  You are 100% correct.  I already have the Default Credential Set setup and now its a breeze! Thank again.

Erick

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: