cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

User Tracking doesn't display IP addresses

dedetmer
Level 1
Level 1

I have recently reconfigured my switch cloud's IP addresses. Setting up/changing the discovery attributes of CISCOWorks 3.0 is not as intuitive as the 2.0 version and the HELP features are as good as Microsoft's (sorry...).

I have finally gotten the Campus Manager to recognize all my devices (had to add each one forceably). While my User Tracking now displays the new switch devices, it also displays the old switches and no IP addresses for the new devices.

I have just installed the CM33.IDU.v10-0 but it's made no difference.

Can someone please tell me how to get this thing working? I've been hacking at this software for the 6 months I've owned it.

:-|

5 Replies 5

steve.busby
Level 5
Level 5

I've found it easier to just change the ANI discovery attributes, delete the devices from CM/RME/DFM & IPM and reenter with the new addresses.

I had done all those things. With the exception of DFM. I don't see what that package has to offer in the way of setup/changes. I have Device Discovery, Rediscovery Schedule. That's of no use, however, I have reset the Rediscovery to 4 minutes from now. We'll see what that does.

The only thing I didn't change is IPM. I have no clue what that is. It's not a package in my list. Help?

Additionally, my Topology Services shows only 4 out of 18 switches under the expanded valid VTP Domain. One of those doesn't exist anymore. The VTP Domain Summary displays 10 of 18 vlans.

In Display View for the domain, it shows all 18 switch icons with the correct IP addresses.

Don't worry about IPM, it's part of the RWAN package.

Sounds like you just need to reinitialize the ANI Database. Here's a link from an earlier post:

http://forum.cisco.com/eforum/servlet/NetProf?page=netprof&CommCmd=MB%3Fcmd%3Dpass_through%26location%3Doutline%40%5E1%40%40.1dd667cc/0#selected_message

And here's a link to properly set up the ANI server:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/products/sw/cscowork/ps563/products_user_guide_chapter09186a008017b40d.html

Well, that blew it up real good.

I can login as 'admin' but now the ANI server doesn't recognize my login credentials.

I've restored the last ani.db file. Back to square one.

;-)

I have more to add...

I've just run Descrepancy Report and got the following output:

VTPDomain HSV with revision number 53 is disconnected.

Set1 contains the following devices:

Set2 contains the following devices:

Set3 contains the following devices:

-------------

All of the devices referenced in there are not showing up in the Topology Services, Managed Domains.

Lend anything?