cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Username is not getting populated in User tracking table .

selva Kathir
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all ,

I am using LMS 4.2 I have enabled user tracking and I am getting ip address, MAC address ,hostname in user tracking table . But username entry in user tracking is not getting populated . Even I have enabled get user name from the hosts in NTS and ND host domains in user tracking acquisition settings .

Is there anything else that I need to configure  in LMS in order to get the usernames in user tracking table?

any comments will be highly appreciated,

Thanks in advance ,

Rgds,

Selva

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Vinod Arya
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You need UTLite utility which integrates LMS with AD to feed it with usernames. UTLite is a utility that allows you to collect user names from Primary Domain Controllers, Active Directory, and Novell servers.

To do this you need to install UTLite in the Windows Primary Domain Controllers and in the Novell servers. You can also install UTLite in an Active Directory server.

For more details check:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/net_mgmt/ciscoworks_lan_management_solution/4.2/user/guide/admin/ut_du.html#wp1187865

-Thanks

-Thanks Vinod **Rating Encourages contributors, and its really free. **

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Vinod Arya
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You need UTLite utility which integrates LMS with AD to feed it with usernames. UTLite is a utility that allows you to collect user names from Primary Domain Controllers, Active Directory, and Novell servers.

To do this you need to install UTLite in the Windows Primary Domain Controllers and in the Novell servers. You can also install UTLite in an Active Directory server.

For more details check:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/net_mgmt/ciscoworks_lan_management_solution/4.2/user/guide/admin/ut_du.html#wp1187865

-Thanks

-Thanks Vinod **Rating Encourages contributors, and its really free. **

Hi Vinod ,

Thanks for your response. Can you please clear a couple of doubts of mine ?

Where can we get this Utlite. is it downloadable ?

Will it have any performance impact on Active directory server ?

Rgds ,

Selva .

You will find the UTLite33.exe in NMSROOT\campus\bin

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card