cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Using CWUTU 2.0 with Prime 2.2, How to?

David Ritter
Level 4
Level 4

I don't suppose anyone is using the ol' Cisco Works User Tracking Utility 2.0 with Prime. 

Moving our LMS 4.2 to Prime 2.2 shortly and I pointed the CWUTU at the existing Prime 2.2 install (wireless) to see if could get a handshake.  While certs were exchanged, the utility advisees to verify IP:port as no other response to query..

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Sorry but it can't be done.

UTU was a lightweight tool that, under the covers, talked directly to Prime LMS's Sybase SQL Anywhere database. Similarly the Prime LMS Widget did as well.

Prime Infrastructure uses an entirely different Oracle database and is thus not compatible with UTU.

There's currently no equivalent tool for the desktop and I've not heard of plans to introduce one. :(

There was the Cisco Prime iOS app that offers a "clients and users" view. It may be of use to you - I haven't had the chance to try it on a live system.

It appears Cisco has abandoned this app though since I can't find it on the app store anymore after looking just now. I do have it on my iPhone. :)

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Sorry but it can't be done.

UTU was a lightweight tool that, under the covers, talked directly to Prime LMS's Sybase SQL Anywhere database. Similarly the Prime LMS Widget did as well.

Prime Infrastructure uses an entirely different Oracle database and is thus not compatible with UTU.

There's currently no equivalent tool for the desktop and I've not heard of plans to introduce one. :(

There was the Cisco Prime iOS app that offers a "clients and users" view. It may be of use to you - I haven't had the chance to try it on a live system.

It appears Cisco has abandoned this app though since I can't find it on the app store anymore after looking just now. I do have it on my iPhone. :)

ca sara sara.. what ever will be

thank you

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card