cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Using EVE-NG to simulate ASA 5525

irbk
Level 1
Level 1

I'm brand new to EVE-NG.  A CCIE associate of mine showed it too me and it looked really cool at first.  What I'd love to be able to do is take my current ASA 5525-x config into EVE-NG and do things to it like update the ASDM, update the ASA software, make major changes to the rules, etc, to see how things are going to work before I do it in the production system.  Unfortunately, I'm not finding any information that would allow me to take my ASA .bin file, convert it into a qcow2 file, so that I could run it in EVE-NG.  Is this possible or am I restricted to running whatever the community version of the ASA is (or an ASAv).  I really want to get EVE-NG to be a 1-to-1 to production as much as possible.

4 Replies 4

try gns3 vm, it excellent for ASA

Yeah, I've tried GNS3 in the past with little success.  The boss has tasked me with setting up EVE-NG so that's what I've got to do.  Big picture is that we would like to eventually map out our entire network in EVE-NG so we can test changes in the lab before touching actual production equipment.

Gns3 or eve-ng you need vmware and pc with at least cpu 8 cores and 32 ram.

I use pc with cpu 12 cores and 32 ram.

I can run multi asa as I want and it stable.

We are running in a dedicated VMWare hosts environment with plenty of storage, cpu, and ram.  None of it is a concern, but none of it matters if I can't get a 1-to-1 between the EVE-NG environment and live environment.