cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Using LMS to deploy 3850 images

Eric R. Jones
Level 4
Level 4

Hello, we currently use LMS 4.2.5 to deploy our IOS images to our 3750's and 6500's.

With the new 3850's being purchased I can only find .bin files not .tar files in the repository either from LMS Software Configuration Management function or on the cisco site itself.

LMS has complained in the past about pushing bin files and only pushed tar files to the other devices.

Is there a patch out to allow LMS to use .bin files?

On a second note we had to modify our ip ssh server algorithm settings to eliminate aes128-cbc, aes192-cbc and aes256-cbc from our edge devices.

When this happens it breaks credentials between the LMS and edge devices so it doesn't see the edge devices. This means when doing software image management > software distribution > by device and choosing the "distribute by devices" creating the "Rule Expression" containing the device model name of 3750x it finds them but they all fail to get an image from the cisco.com repository.

Does anyone know how to fix the LMS so it recognizes aes###-ctr and not aes###-cbc?

ej

2 Replies 2

AFROJ AHMAD
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi ej,

you are right , I also remember that we need to have TAR for successful SWIM job.

have you tried it with .BIN image ?

as you are not seeing the .TAR image in cco , I would advise to open a TAC case if it failed with .BIN

you can check the swim_debug.log (NMSROOt/CSCOpx/log) in DEBUG mode to see why the job is failing .

Thanks-

Afroz

***Ratings Encourages Contributors ***

Thanks- Afroz [Do rate the useful post] ****Ratings Encourages Contributors ****

Thank you for the reply Afroz, we haven't had to deploy an image to a 3850 yet but since I saw only bin files I was concerned. I'll be opening a TAC to address this after doubling checking the repository to see if any have been added.

tks

ej