cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

VALIDATION_FAILURE.-UPDATE_103

Toivo Voll
Level 1
Level 1

Our PI 2.2 install shows the alert icon under the search box, informing us that there's a critical Maintenance Release 2.2.1. It downloads fine (reaching 100%), but then we get this message:

There was an error downloading pi221_20150131-27.ubf. This error is often caused by discrepancies between what is downloaded and the attributes of the files which were expected. Reason: VALIDATION_FAILURE.-UPDATE_103

Has anyone seen this / any idea what's going on before I open a TAC case?

28 Replies 28

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

I see the error also, even when manually uploading the ubf:

An error occurred while uploading file:
Patch group id pi221_POODLE_20150131_01 of current ubf is already existing in uploaded ubfs. Upload is not allowed.

-Scott

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

Richard Murphy
Level 1
Level 1

I have the same issue here as well.

Tyler Leonard
Level 1
Level 1

Yup I am also seeing the same thing.

k24510001
Level 1
Level 1

I have the same problem

Ashok Kumar
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

Open a TAC case for it.

PI 2.2.1 is just released 2 weeks ago, personally I did the update but didn't encountered the error what you mentioned.

Also, if possible attached the debug/trace logs while you're updating & getting the error

- Ashok

***************************************************************************************************************

Please rate the post or mark as correct answer as it will help others looking for similar information

***************************************************************************************************************

I just went ahead and opened a case, I'll update this when I know more.

TAC says it's a known issue that's being worked on (ditto for the device pack that is giving warnings), ignore the updates for now (don't install), they'll be pulled and reissued later.

Thanks Toivo for the update!

-Scott

-Scott

Martin Simek
Level 1
Level 1

I have the same problem.

Mehdi Talei
Level 1
Level 1

Has anybody opened a TAC case for this issue? If so, what's TAC answer? What's workaround please?

Thanks

I spoke with TAC this morning.  I discovered Prime was not associated with my CCO.  TAC associated Prime with my CCO.  I decided not to open a case and wait; let Cisco's back-end databases update.  I will test again later today.

Exactly the same here!

Tony M
Level 1
Level 1

It would have been great if I could have installed this tonight, as it is supposed to resolve a bug that I've got a call scheduled for tomorrow morning to investigate.

Others mentioned problems with the device package update. That worked for me with no problems.

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

I think the issue is if you had installed the poodle update.  On of my peers updated PI 2.2 in our lab and I noticed that the poodle want' installed yet and the update did take.  Other installs along with my home lab PI 2.2 with poodle installed failed.  

-Scott

-Scott