cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

VLAN 10(DATA VLAN) PORT COMING UP AS VLAN1 ON USER END

Sencyty
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Guys I have 2 of my distribution switches Vlan 10 port appearing as Vlan1 against original switch access vlan, what could be the problem? I just noticed this after the switch was upgraded and some clean up on the switch interfaces. 

Thank you, Earlier response will be appreciated.

7 Replies 7

Hello,

Usually if a port reverts back to vlan 1 from being on a other vlan after some changes it was because that vlan was removed. 

For example if you have vlan 10 on a switch and ports in vlan 10, then you remove vlan 10 the ports will revert back to vlan 1.

Is VLAN 10 configured on all switches that need it?

-David

Thank you David the configuration looks good all the Vlans are running on the switch. but when i do show interface Trunk  i noticed Vlan 1 was 'allowed and active in management domain also vlan 1 was 'in spanning tree forwarding state and not pruned

This is normal operation. I dont think you can prune vlan 1. If I remember correctly it uses vlan 1 as management messages like VTP, CDP, among others.

If you dont have any user ports assigned to VLAN 10 with a device physically connected, it wont show up/active on the switch and on trunks.

-David

VTP

after upgrade of some change in config make change in VTP
this make VTP and VLAN 10 is missing from SW.

Thank you MHM,

Can you please give more details on your suggestion, i do appreciate.

Hello,

post the full running configurations of both switches. Put descriptions on the ports connecting both switches, so we know which ports these are, as well as a description on the problem port, so we can identify it.