cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Web Gui Tool to allow admins to perform VLAN changes on access switchports only?

tmorledge
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Are there any web based tools out there that anyone knows of that will allow technicians the ability to change access ports to any VLAN present on the switch?

We currently allow our technicians restricted access to their local switches with a restricted command authorisation set that will allow them to make changes to any access port for description, speed, duplex, VLAN and voice VLAN. The idea is that we are allowing non members of the network team to make simple changes to switchports to alleviate the workloads placed on the network team, upskill our tech team and make change requests happen a lot quicker.

I have given this responsibility to a few select members of the tech support team that I trust and I know are familiar with the CLI, but I need to broaden this out to more people that I am not so familiar with and do not have experience with the CLI. So I am looking for a simple tool much like Cisco Network Assistant but a web based version that we could control to allow our technicians to pick out the switch they need to administer, easily click on the ports they wish to change and edit the description, VLAN and voice VLAN information.

Does such a tool exist without me buying a full CiscoWorks package?

Regards,

Tony

2 Replies 2

Michael Kaciuba
Level 1
Level 1

Did you get anywhere with this one?

Hi Michael,

I still have yet to find a solution for this after months of searching.

T