cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

What does Prime use to map an IP to the wired device?

blroberts2
Level 1
Level 1

We've imported a site's router + switches but only see the IPs for attached Cisco devices.  We have CDP and DHCP Snooping enabled on the switches.  What else is needed to be configured for Prime to see the IP of all wired clients?  Prime 3.0 & switches are 3750V2s

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

It correlates several data sources - the MAC address table of the L2 switch and the ARP cache of the L3 gateway are the two most notable ones. It can also pull in data from an ISE M&T node if you have that product running.

Is your PI managing the gateway device for VLAN 3 in your example?

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Mark Malone
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Prime is only able to view Cisco devices it wont be able to see pcs/printers etc

To clarify, I'm not trying to add other non Cisco devices to prime.  I added switches/routers and Prime sees all of the wired clients.  However, it is only showing the IPs of wired Cisco clients and not the rest of them which I believe it's supposed to be able to do.

It correlates several data sources - the MAC address table of the L2 switch and the ARP cache of the L3 gateway are the two most notable ones. It can also pull in data from an ISE M&T node if you have that product running.

Is your PI managing the gateway device for VLAN 3 in your example?

We logged in the next day and all wired client's IPs were showing.  We did have all L2 and L3 devices imported.  Thanks for the input and all has been well.

Waited another day and all of the IPs for all wired clients (printers, pcs, etc) showed up and working as we wanted automagically.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card