cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

what is the latest cisco works package

sravan_235
Level 1
Level 1

please briefly explain what is the latest cisco works package includes.

how we get complete information regarding all modules same of cisco works..

9 Replies 9

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

CiscoWorks is actually an umbrella name. There are many different CiscoWorks bundles. Since you posted under the Network Management forum, I will assume you are referring to CiscoWorks LAN Management Solution. The current version of LMS is 2.6. With it, you get the following components:

Common Services 3.0.5 - Base package which provides framework for other apps as well as device troubleshooting and CiscoView

Campus Manager 4.0.6 - Topology mapping and discovery tool; also provides end host and IP phone tracking

Resource Manager Essentials 4.0.5 - Element management tool providing inventory, software, configuration, and syslog management

Device Fault Manager 2.0.6 - Poll-based fault management tool

Internetwork Performance Monitor 2.6.0 - Latency analysis tool making use of the embedded IP SLA feature in IOS

More on LMS can be found at http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/cscowork/ps2425/index.html or just by searching for "LAN Management Solution" on Cisco.com.

thank for yor valuebul information...

sravan

Should I update to 2.6 first, before restoring the 2.2 data?

I always recommend customers go to the latest release before doing data migration. We are constantly fixing bugs with the migration process, and you can upgrade from LMS 2.2 at any point. It's always best to get all the bug fixes in before doing the migration.

Can I bypass the interim updates between 2.5.1 and 2.6, such as RME 4.0.4?

You must go to LMS 2.5.1 before upgrading to 2.6. You do NOT need to install the interim service packs on top of LMS 2.5.1, however (e.g. RME 4.0.4, CM 4.0.5, etc.).

Hi ,

can you please tell me step by step .how to install cisco LMS bundle.i have perchased LMS bundle But i dont no in what sequence to install cisco works.

i have follow ing cd s, can you please tell me from which cd i have to start.

1)cisoc works common service ver 2.2 for windows

2)Resource Manager essentials ver 3.5

3)compus manager ver 3.3

4)DFM ver 1.2

5)cisco works product update IDU prerequisits LMS 2.2/1.3ver Rwan 1.3

6)cisco works product update .cisco works LMN 2.2/1.3 update 1

windows (security & product patches)

plese suggest me i way i have to start ...

Thanks ans regards

sravan Kumar p.

It the case above you need to install CS 2.2, then RME 3.5, CM 3.3, and DFM 1.2.

After that you can install the IDU's for each bundle, just make sure to read the release notes for the IDUs.

hi..

Thanks a lot..

sravan

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: