Views
Helpful
Replies

What makes up Ciscoworks LMS 4.1

Chris_Jir
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All

What are the seperate parts of Ciscoworks LMS 4.1 (base?) I've had a quick look at the Cisco web site. and apart from the marketing stuff and the navigation documents I couldnt find anything explicitly stating what is in 4.1. I need to know as we are looking at upgrading from 3.2 to 4.1, and I wanted to check what was bundled in it.

thanks

3 Replies 3

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

LMS 4.1 is essentially the same as LMS 3.2 with the inclusion of the Health and Utilization Monitor (HUM) out of the box.  LMS 4.x began a shift away from individual applications to a more unified task-driven model.  That means, while you still have RME, Campus, DFM, etc. you do not see those application names.  Instead, you manage topology, inventory, config, fault, etc.

LMS 4.x also offers new Workcenters for configuring and monitoring features such as EnergyWise, TrustSec, Medianet, and Auto Smart Ports.

Thanks for that, so I take it Netflow Collector 6.0 is included in 4.1? I'm basically just after a tech sheet.

No, Netflow Collector is not included.  It was not a part of LMS 3.2.  Check out http://www.cisco.com/go/lms .  This should have all of the information you need.