cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Where does CNA store the switch backed up configs?

pasztor.richard
Level 1
Level 1

I have completely lost the config on one of my switches, however I saved the config a couple of days ago via CNA. I have to extract the saved backup file from my hard drive, so I can copy this to the switch via TFTP. I cannot use CNA to restore the config, due to connectivity problems. So

where does CNA store the switch backed up configs on my hard drive?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

ccube
Level 1
Level 1

If using the latest CNA version (5.6), you are given the option to chose a path the store the config archives. Chose Maintenance > configuration archive. Backup tab will be displayed, at the bottom of window will be the backup directory option. Choose and existing path. Mine is C:\Cisco_cfg_backups

Versions prior may use the .networkassistant folder under the username folder under Documents and Settings or the User folder depending on OS installation ie XP, Vista, Windows 7.

Hth,

Cary

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

ccube
Level 1
Level 1

If using the latest CNA version (5.6), you are given the option to chose a path the store the config archives. Chose Maintenance > configuration archive. Backup tab will be displayed, at the bottom of window will be the backup directory option. Choose and existing path. Mine is C:\Cisco_cfg_backups

Versions prior may use the .networkassistant folder under the username folder under Documents and Settings or the User folder depending on OS installation ie XP, Vista, Windows 7.

Hth,

Cary

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

Thanks, I already found the location, unfortunately I remembered wrong, and I didnt make the backup, therefor I couldnt find it.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card