cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Where to find "MAC Change" SNMP Notifications in Prime 3.9

m_laubach
Level 1
Level 1

I need to keep a log of MAC addresses going online and offline on certain ports. For this, I configured "MAC Change" SNMP Trap notifications. These are working and also successfully sent to Cisco Prime regarding to SNMP packet debugging.

However, I cannot find the information in Prime. Under "Monitoring -> Alarms and Events -> Events" I can see the link of the port going up and down. But there is no information about the actual MAC addresses.

Can you please help me what I am doing wrong? Or is it not possible to log this information with prime?

Thank you so much!

Kind Regards
Michael

1 Reply 1

antisocial11224
Spotlight
Spotlight

@m_laubach wrote:

I need to keep a log of MAC addresses going online and offline on certain ports. For this, I configured "MAC Change" SNMP Trap notifications. These are working and also successfully sent to Cisco Prime regarding to SNMP packet debugging.

However, I cannot find the information in Prime. Under "Monitoring -> Alarms and Events -> Events" I can see the link of the port going up and down. But there is no information about the actual MAC addresses.

Can you please help me what I am doing wrong? Or is it not possible to log this information with prime?

Thank you so much!

Kind Regards
Michael

To log MAC addresses going online and offline on certain ports and track this information in Cisco Prime Infrastructure 3.9, ensure that your "MAC Change" SNMP Trap notifications are correctly configured and that Prime is set up to capture and display these traps. Start by verifying that your network devices are properly configured to send "MAC Change" SNMP traps to Prime. In Cisco Prime, navigate to "Monitoring -> Alarms and Events -> Events" to check for relevant entries. If you do not see MAC address information, you may need to adjust the SNMP Trap Receiver settings in Prime to ensure it is listening for and logging these specific traps. Additionally, confirm that Prime's event filters and views are configured to display MAC address change events.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card