cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ACS 5.2 Active Directory connection

pnavratil
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, I installed ACS 5.2 vmware image to test some scenario. I have a problem with setting active directory configuration. It worked when I first setup this, from this time I can see Status: CONNECTED in Connection Detail page but I am not able to list any AD groups and when I click on Test Connection after few seconds I obtain error message: connection test to "MyDomain" failed. Futher information status: Network Time Protocol status error. The NTP client on ACS server is setup to AD controler and I checked clock on both sides and the difference is in level of seconds. Does anyone had or solved this problem? Thank you for any help. P.

3 Replies 3

fredyvalle
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

How did you do that.

I have a problem setting AD on server 2008 and ACS 5.2 on vmware.

I mean, did you enter complete domain in text box Active Directory Domain Name? I created an domain called and did you put DomainName\Administrator?

Please, can anybody help me?.

Jeez, I have the same exact issue, with the same errors, does anybody know about this issue??, any help would be greatly appreciated...

Make sure your time zone is configured correct.

Also ACS 5 relies heavily on DNS to find the correct SRV and global catealog records. If there is any fake record, it won't work. There was a very good post early this year, but I can't find it. Basically you need to take sniffer traces to find out what records ACS is looking for, and what are the DNS replies. If there is any mismatch, ACS won't be able to connect to AD. Hope this helps.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card