cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

all interfaces down after removing BVI1 on cisco 5506

Antaean
Level 1
Level 1

When I start a configuration using the default config, all ports are up if plugged in.  After the default config is finished, I make the following changes. Go into each interface (2 - remove nameif, remove bridge-group, and shutdown.  After the interfaces are configured. I clear the config for interface BVI1. I then go to gig1/2 and assign name of inside, give it an IP, security 100,and no shutdown. Gig1/1 is set to outside, security 0, IP address and no shutdown. I remove all the unused objects (no object network obj_any1 thru any7). I create a new object for nat (inside,outside) dynamic interface. At this point my link lights all go out. I check the the interfaces 1 & 2 and they show down and admin down.  If I config factory-default they all turn back on. I have done this on several ASA 5506's without problems. The only difference is the version. This one is on 9.16.3.23. I need the BVI gone so I can remotely manage the firewall across a L2L VPN. Am I missing something?

Thanks for the help

2 Replies 2

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

is the issue happend after upgrade the code  to 9.16.x ?

admin down means , you need to bring up, - can you post show run, show interface  (status)

good guide :

https://www.petenetlive.com/KB/Article/0001422

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Yes this is the first time I tried to remove a BVI on 9.16.  In the past I did it on 9.10. I have gone back to the interface and re-entered no shutdown. I have read the article at Petenetlive.com in the past. I have done all that is listed.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card