Views
Helpful
Replies

Anyconnect client upgrade on FTD

MichaelKim24362
Level 1
Level 1

Hello guys,

I am going to upgrade Anyconnect client software on FTD using FMC.

My question is when the anyconnect client software is uploaded, what happens?

- Is anyconnect client software on user side going to be upgraded automatically?

- Should user go to the webvpn and install anyconnect from the website?

- When software is upgraded on FTD, Is there any impact on the user side?

- How to push anyconnect software upgrade to user side?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

HI @MichaelKim24362 

If you upload a newer version of AnyConnect to the VPN, once the user sucessfully authenticates, the client will automatically upgrade. The user only needs to go to the WebVPN portal to download the client if they do not already have the client installed.

You would push the anyconnect software to client computers with a management tool, such as SCCM.

HTH

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

HI @MichaelKim24362 

If you upload a newer version of AnyConnect to the VPN, once the user sucessfully authenticates, the client will automatically upgrade. The user only needs to go to the WebVPN portal to download the client if they do not already have the client installed.

You would push the anyconnect software to client computers with a management tool, such as SCCM.

HTH

Hello Rob,

I have updated from anyconnect 4.7 to 4.9, but when I reconnect anyconnect vpn, it does not reinstall or update anyconnect client software. my anyconnect software version is still 4.7.

Any idea?

Hello @MichaelKim24362,

are you using an AnyConnect profile?

You can set a preference in there to enable/disable auto upgrade.

Best regards,

Rick

Once you add the new image as an object in FMC you must tell the VPN configuration to use that image.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card