Views
Helpful
Replies

ASA 5500-X Requirements - Information Needed

rsoave
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

I am working with a Cisco ASA 5500-X requirements and I would like to know where I can get some information about 5525-X and 5545-X.

Information like Stateful Inspecion throughput, CPS, Interfaces, etc I can get in Datasheet.

But information like Maximum Security Zones, maximum Nat Mapped IP, Maximum BGP, OSPF, Static Routes, etc I can not find.

Anyone could help me in addressing these information?

Tank you.

2 Replies 2

All that information is dependent on available memory in the ASA (or atleast for NAT, BGP, OSPF, Static Routes) as for security zones I am assuming this is also dependent on memory but I am not 100% sure on that.

But it is because of the dependency on memory that it is not documented anywhere as you are able to upgrade the memory of the ASA thereby being able to have more entries of each.

I had a similar situation, but this was with IOS zone based firewalls, where I had to contact TAC in order to get an exact number in relation to the amount of memory the device had.  And even then it wasn't an easy thing to get as the TAC engineer had to contact the development team to get the answer.

--

Please remember to select a correct answer and rate helpful posts

--
Please remember to select a correct answer and rate helpful posts

ramadasaid0204
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Please check the link the below and hope it help.

Cisco ASA 5525-X Adaptive Security Appliance

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/security/asa-5525-x-adaptive-security-appliance-no-payload-encryption/model.html

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card