ASA 5508 running 7.0.1 needs ROMMON and FPGA Upgrade

ABaker94985
Beginner
Beginner

The ASA is acting flaky, and I noticed today the following in "show ver":

FPGA UPGRADE Version : 2.4
FPGA GOLDEN Version : unavailable
ROMMON Version : 1.1.14
WARNING: Platform FPGA version is older than minimum recommended image.
WARNING: Platform ROMMON version is older than minimum recommended image.
Image type : Release
Key Version : A

I've downloaded the firmware for ROMMON, but I can't find anything on the FPGA. Is there a file for this, or will the firmware take care of this?

Is this upgraded through CLI, or is this somehow through the GUI. The only thing I can find is through the CLI, but I don't want to brick this firewall.

Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Marvin Rhoads
VIP Community Legend VIP Community Legend
VIP Community Legend

A rommon upgrade should fix both the rommon and FPGA versions.

Please see this document for detailed instructions on upgrading the rommon of the ASA running FTD image:

https://community.cisco.com/t5/security-documents/asa-x-rommon-upgrade-for-ftd-sensors/ta-p/3746210

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Leo Laohoo
VIP Community Legend VIP Community Legend
VIP Community Legend

7.0.1?  The ASA may be under attack from Cisco Adaptive Security Appliance Software and Firepower Threat Defense Software Web Services Interface Cross-Site Scripting Vulnerabilities.

Update June 28, 2021: Cisco has become aware that public exploit code exists for CVE-2020-3580, and this vulnerability is being actively exploited.

balaji.bandi
VIP Guru VIP Guru
VIP Guru

May be worth giving shot to upgrade, rather sorry with attack.

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/security/asa/upgrade/asa-upgrade/planning.html#ID-2152-0000000a

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

If this was running ASA firmware, I would be a simple process to upgrade ROMMON through CLI. When you're in FTD and you have to get to the ASA-like CLI using "system support diagnostic-cli" then "en" and then try to upgrade ROMMON at that point, I'm concerned it will fail. I'd expect to have to upgrade possibly in expert mode, but I can't find any documentation. Hopefully, this is more clear. 

ABaker94985
Beginner
Beginner