Views
Helpful
Replies

ASA 5515 reloaded automatically

smsdpk
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Experts, 

The ASA 5515 reloaded automatically and caused multiple route flaps. The customer is requesting a root-cause analysis of why the device rebooted automatically.  Could you please to steps to find out the root cause. 

Version: Software Version 9.16(4)19 

9 Replies 9

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- Connect to the ASA device with https://cway.cisco.com/cli
   At the top you will find two bottoms  : "System Diagnostics" and "Crashdump Analyzer"

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

smsdpk
Level 1
Level 1

Thanks Marce, I have checked the show tech and nothing found in crash log. 

- And what about my initial reply ?

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

Do you want me to install the software and click on system Diagnostics and Crashdump. Anything else need to capture from there  "System Diagnostics" and "Crashdump Analyzer"

>..Do you want me to install the software (CLI Analyzer) and click on system Diagnostics and Crashdump.
       Yes ,

M.

smsdpk
Level 1
Level 1

Is there any other option to find out the root cause here ? 

show version <<- if you can access 
MHM

The reload is most likely due to a memory leak.  But if you want definitive answer for the cause you should open a TAC case, upload the show tech and crashdump files for them to analyze. They have much better tools for this than we do and can correlate their findings with both public and non-public bugs. 

--
Please remember to select a correct answer and rate helpful posts
Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card