cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ASA 5545-X went offline and config wiped after IDF overheating.

I am currently trying to make this whole situation make sense...

Our HQ has a pair of ASA 5545-Xs in Active/Active that handle Internet Access for our HQ/Remote Office(s), as we currently use a default route all over that points back to these firewalls. These two ASA’s are located in two different IDFs. However, recently, it was found that our primary ASA went down due to overheating in our IDF Closet a few months back and has been off since then. I am just now able to find this out because our monitoring system sucks, and we are currently building a new system from scratch to use for better monitoring. Well, after powering on the “down” ASA I noticed it did not come back online in ASDM as expected. I took a look via console and I noticed that the ASA was fully cleaned and had no bit of running-config on it. I am trying to make sense as to why all the config was stripped off before I begin to add config back and putting it back into production. Any thoughts as to what could of possibly happened? I am pretty sure the original engineer who built these firewalls had saved the running-config, as he has stated that they have been rebooted multiple times and came up just fine before right after.

I am not an ASA guy, so I am trying to make careful steps in bringing up this ASA without disrupting the online ASA. What are my best option(s) on getting this ASA back online and sync’d back to the active ASA?

1 Reply 1

you better work with cisco TAC to identify the root cause for config reset and after confirming functionality of device, configure HA back in the devices.

Please rate this and mark as solution/answer, if this resolved your issue
Good luck
KB
Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card