cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ASA Bandwidth Monitoring

InformzIT
Level 1
Level 1

We are looking to move a Data Center.  Not a pretty project, for sure...  The current Data Center Hosts make any form of monitoring of Bandwidth usage unreliable.  What is the best suggestion on Logging or monitoring the Traffic to/from our ASA device?  The ASDM interface does not show me much in the way of Traffic/Bandwidth history.

Suggestion?

7 Replies 7

varrao
Level 10
Level 10

Hi Greg,

Could you be a bit more specific, what data do you want to monitor, just the traffic hitting the firewall? or a particular interface?? or resources being utilized on the firewall??

Thanks,

Varun

Thanks,
Varun Rao

What I would like to see is bandwidth utilization at p

oints in time...  Or every Hour or every 5 minutes.  Something like that...  Traffic/bandwidth on the external interface...  How much traffic is going through the external pipe...

Hi Greg,

You can check those details in the output for :"show traffic", this should provide you most of the details that you might need. Let me know if you were looking out for these details only.

Thanks,

Varun

Thanks,
Varun Rao

SHow Traffic?  From CLI?  I only have ASDM access to this device, unfortunately...  Or is that in the

ASDM and I am missing it?

Hi Greg,

Well that was a CLI comman,  if you are using ASDM onlt , go to Tools------> command line interface and type in the command.

I am not sure but on ASDM as well you have a useful option under Firewall Dashboard, you do get this info there as well. I am not in office right now, so don't have access to my lab. But definitely you can give it a try there as well.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

Varun

Thanks,
Varun Rao

Roman Rodichev
Level 7
Level 7

I use fireplotter

http://www.fireplotter.com/

It's not bad

hello good people...kindly assist me here....I want to check bandwidth usage on my ASA with the times 

thanks

Regards

SikhumbuzoMahlambi3049

It's not bad

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card