cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ASA FTD 6.3 Management

stewart699700
Level 1
Level 1

When deploying ASAs FTD version 6.3 with Firepower Services it looks like we have three Management options FMC, FDM, and CDO, and I believe only one can be used.

Previously we've used FMC however with the release of FTD 6.3 the FDM looks a better option, especially for managing a single deployment.

My question is for a single deployment can FMC provide any additional features over FDM ?

Image [2].jpg

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

I have looking for some comparision from notes from cisco live, here is the difference.

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

ngkin2010
Level 7
Level 7
Hi,

Not sure others buddy could find any official documents that list out the feature/function metric of FDM&FMC.

In my experience, FDM does not support failover/HA & etherchannel configuration. That's already make me go away from FDM!!

I have looking for some comparision from notes from cisco live, here is the difference.

BB

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

if single Device FDM is good option, FMC have more options compare to FDM.

look at the compatability.

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/security/firepower/compatibility/firepower-compatibility.html

BB

For single site deployment, FMC is an overkill. However, for multisite FMC
is the way to go. FMC has more features compared to FDM such as
correlation, nmap, etc. Also, fmc provides better security visibility
because it correlates all events from multiple ftds.
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: