Helpful
Replies

ASA Syslog UDP port 10514

quadrabe
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

We're running version 9.18(3).
Whenever we try to add a syslog server with UDP/10514 we can see that the syslog server never receives a packet.
If we change the port to 514 we can see packets arriving on the syslog server. However, we would like to use 10514.

Not working config
logging host uplink x.x.x.x 17/10514

Working config
logging host uplink x.x.x.x

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

so the question here other devices able send logs to that port towards syslog, only ASA not able to send Logs using custom ports ?

I have used that document and tested with ASA/ FTD with custom ports works for me.

by the what syslog server, do you have any Firewall on the syslogs server ? is there any other Firewall between ASA and syslog ?

enable debug both the side.

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

logging host uplink x.x.x.x UDP/10514

Hi

When trying this it automatically reverts to logging host uplink x.x.x.x 17/10514.
Which should be fine, UDP is protocol number 17.

understood, so you show us show running. 
anyway 
are you config any control  ACL in ASA interface uplink  ?? 

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

as long as syslog listening 10514 and you have correct systax that should work - I am using non standard port works as expected :

logging host interface_name ip_address [tcp[/port] | udp[/port]] [format emblem]

old but good reference  from my notes:

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/security/pix-500-series-security-appliances/63884-config-asa-00.html

BB

Hi

I was following that guide as well.
The server is listening on port 10514 as other devices are able to put their syslog files onto it.

so the question here other devices able send logs to that port towards syslog, only ASA not able to send Logs using custom ports ?

I have used that document and tested with ASA/ FTD with custom ports works for me.

by the what syslog server, do you have any Firewall on the syslogs server ? is there any other Firewall between ASA and syslog ?

enable debug both the side.

BB

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card