Views
Helpful
Replies

ASA version is not matching in 1k FTD HA pairs

Muhammed Midlaj
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Team,

The ASA version is not matching in 1k FTD HA pair running FTD software.

Device Model: FTD 1120
Version: 7.0.1

**We are getting the following warning:
************WARNING****WARNING****WARNING********************************
Mate version 9.16(2)234 is not identical with ours 9.16(2)5
************WARNING****WARNING****WARNING**********************************

mate version is not matching.PNG

Even though we are running the FTD software in FTD appliance, I am not sure why the ASA mismtaches occurs here.

Please let us know how do we match these?

Warm Regards

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

@Muhammed Midlaj well they've both got a slightly different build for some reason, reimage them both using the same 7.0.1 image file - to ensure they are on the exact same version, in order to build the HA pair.

7.0.1 is over a year old, you'd be better upgreading to a newer release version.

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

@Muhammed Midlaj thats because the FTD code uses the ASA engine underneath, which is referred to as "Lina".

Check the exact same FTD version and patch level and ensure they are the same, as an HA pair must have the same hardware and software version (this applies to FXOS and to FTD - (major (first number), minor (second number), and maintenance (third number) must be equal))

Hi @Rob Ingram , Thank you for the reply.

in Both FTDs, the software version is same as 7.0.1 (build 84) as you can see in the screenshot below.

MuhammedMidlaj_0-1671724687432.png

I am not sure this kind of behaviour. Please enlightem me how to match those.

@Muhammed Midlaj you can see there is a slight difference in the FX-OS Build version. I suggest recommend upgrading both devices to 7.0.4 (which is the latest recommended version).

https://software.cisco.com/download/home/286322198/type/286306337/release/7.0.4

Is is possible to fix this in this version (7.0.1) ?

@Muhammed Midlaj well they've both got a slightly different build for some reason, reimage them both using the same 7.0.1 image file - to ensure they are on the exact same version, in order to build the HA pair.

7.0.1 is over a year old, you'd be better upgreading to a newer release version.

Thank you @Rob Ingram 

We will discuss this and will do accordingly.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card