Views
Helpful
Replies

ASA5506-X 404 Error When Trying to Access Admin Page

kirkland11
Level 1
Level 1

Greetings,

I have a Cisco ASA6605-X firewall (brand new, just out of the box) that is plugged in and powered on and we have run into a little bit of an issue.  When trying to access the admin web page we get a 404 error that we cant seem to get around. This is the first time I've ever encountered an issue when accessing a Cisco admin web portal and quite honestly have no idea where to go from here. I also can not connect via SSH. Please help

4 Replies 4

Rishabh Seth
Level 7
Level 7

Hi,

Refer following link and follow the configuration required for ASA management.

636797869www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/security/asa/asa91/configuration/general/asa_91_general_config/admin_management.html

Let us know if you face issue after following steps mentioned in the above mentioned link.

Thanks,

R.Seth

Rate if it helps!!

Sorry for the delay, I've gone the ASA is attached to the network in the ways that both the manual and your answer suggests. I'm going to work under the assumption at the moment that the web interface has not been enabled and am going to try to connect through serial to the console port with PUTTY. I'm going to have to wait until another cable get's here however because none of our devices have a serial port to attach the included cable to. We'll see if I can access the CLI. Does anyone know if the web interface enabled by default?

By default it is disabled, you need to enable it per interface basis.

Do share your findings.

R.Setj

inam.ullah78
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Are you connected to the management0/0 interface? What is the IP address on your laptop and are you able to ping 192.168.1.1?

By default Cisco ASA5505-X firewalls are configured to assign IP address ( as DHCP Server) on the management port. 

In very rare case your Java might be an issue. Either the Java is not installed or not compatible with the version required to run the ASDM.

Thanks,

Inam Rajput

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card