Views
Helpful
Replies

ASA5510 support two ISP

ooroncoym
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I want to configure the firewall for support two ISP (Internet)...For this goal, I configure two contexts into the ASA5510 and,

Context 1 : I configure to outside interface the GIG0/0 -> Router ISP1

I configure to inside interface the GIG0/1  -> Internal network   

Context 2 : I configure to outside interface the GIG0/2  -> Router ISP2

I configure to inside interface the GIG0/3   -> Internal network

Is this configuration possible?

2 Replies 2

varrao
Level 10
Level 10

Hi,

By creating contexts on the ASA, you are creating two virtual firewalls in one box, so yes you can definitely configure it and it should not be an issue.

Hope this helps

Thanks,

Varun

Thanks,
Varun Rao

mile.ljepojevic
Level 1
Level 1

Here is the big question: do you need two contexts because you need two virtual firewalls, or you want to have one regular firewall, just with two default gateways (for failover).

If you want to have two different contexts you will have one default gateway for each context, so that is not quite what you asked...

If you will have just one inside network and want to use two different ISP for outgoing, you can do that in two ways:

2xstatic router with same AD for load balancing

1x static route with low AD and tracking + 1x static route with higher AD - redundancy.

More on that here:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/vpndevc/ps2030/products_configuration_example09186a00806e880b.shtml

Also, you have small wizard for creating that in ASDM.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card