cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ASA5520 rebooted

Pardner007
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,  We have a 5520 that rebooted yesterday and I am not versed enough with CISCO to know where to start.  I have included a show inventory; show tech-support and show crash.

Any help would be much appreciated.  Direction mainly on how to understand crash info and what is important to a reboot.

3 Replies 3

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Do you have cisco smartnet contact, with this info you can raise TAC, and TAC can invetigate for you.

high level looking at your information :

you are running OLD Version of Code  -  Version 8.2(5)58

Suggest to upgrade to Latest 9.X  Code, you problem should solve.

even with this version cisco can not take your TAC Case, since Cisco required minimum base version to diagnosis the issue.

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

cmarva
Level 4
Level 4

I believe they are past LDoS also, so they're unsupported

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Have a read of this:  Cisco Adaptive Security Appliance Web Services Denial of Service Vulnerability

Pay close attention to the "Exploitation and Public Announcements" section where it states: 

In September 2019, the Cisco Product Security Incident Response Team (PSIRT) became aware of additional attempted exploitation of this vulnerability in the wild. Cisco continues to strongly recommend that customers upgrade to a fixed Cisco ASA Software release to remediate this vulnerability.

There is still some hope.  In the same security bulletin, read the "Customers Without Service Contracts" very, very well.  

Hope this helps.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card