cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ASA5525-X Code upgrade from 9.1(7)29 to 9.4(4)17

DigitalRick
Level 1
Level 1

Can this be a straight upgrade are are there steps that must be taken first to get us to 9.4(4)17.

I've looked around but cannot find straight information regarding this.

Thank you.

Rick

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

we understand completely now, you can use the above document and upgrade.

My advise :

1. backup the config out of the box

2. if the ASA running for more than 2 years reboot before the upgrade takes place.

3. upgrade the desired version and it required reboot, so do in a maintenance window

Last and least read the release notes and check is there are any caveats that affect your configuration.

hope this help you :

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

@DigitalRick

Refer to the following ASA upgrade path guide

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/security/asa/upgrade/asa-upgrade/planning.html#id_58680

Why only upgrade to 9.4? that version is not one of Cisco's recommended versions (those are highlighted in bold in the link provided) it's also EOL / EOSS.

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

You follow the upgrade guide as mentioned and also why not go final version that is last support make sure you upgrade ASDM too.

ASA 9.14(x) was the final version for the ASA 5525-X, 5545-X, and 5555-X.

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/security/asa/upgrade/asa-upgrade/planning.html#id_59003

BB

9.4(4)17. Is the corporate code that must be installed for compliance.    If I could go higher I would but I must comply with corporate standards.

we understand completely now, you can use the above document and upgrade.

My advise :

1. backup the config out of the box

2. if the ASA running for more than 2 years reboot before the upgrade takes place.

3. upgrade the desired version and it required reboot, so do in a maintenance window

Last and least read the release notes and check is there are any caveats that affect your configuration.

hope this help you :

BB

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card