Helpful
Replies

ASAv HA in Azure Setup

fatalXerror
Level 5
Level 5

Hi Guys,

A bit new in public cloud setup.

I just found out that the HA setup of ASA in Azure is not the same as the physical ASA.

I have 2x ASA that will be running in HA (active/standby) and these ASA will be my internal firewall.

Do I still need to provision an Azure LB for a successful HA setup of my ASA even though my ASA are not public facing firewall?

Thank you for the confirmation.

4 Replies 4

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- You may find this informational : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hz0gcHcDy_I

M.

-- ' 'Good body every evening' ' this sentence was once spotted on a logo at the entrance of a Weight Watchers Club !

Hi @marce1000 , yes I've watched it but the design shown there and most of the documents I found over the internet is ASA facing internet and not ASA deployed as an internal firewall. This is the reason why I am not sure if I still need to have Azure LB for me to be able to form the ASA in HA. Thanks

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
Do I still need to provision an Azure LB for a successful HA setup of my ASA even though my ASA are not public facing firewall?

This is depends on the requirement and design. how the Azure connected to your network.

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Hi @balaji.bandi , what I mean is that my internal tier firewall which is an ASA (HA) is inside the Azure. Based on the documents that I can find over the internet, it shows there ASA facing the internet and for the HA to work, it needs Azure LB but what if my ASA is just an internal tier firewall do I still need the LB to form the ASAv HA? Thanks

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card