cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ASDM Launcher for Linux

manfernandez
Level 1
Level 1

I just switched from a Windows platform to a Linux platform.  I have everything working well now.  However I do have one problem, I am a reseller and travel to many many customers as well as remotely connect to many customer's gear.

I connected to our own ASAs and grabbed the asdm.jvsp file.  However it has our ASA's IP Addresses hardcoded in it.  I would like to be able to enter an IP address of the ASA I will connect to as opposed to forcing the connection to where I got the jvsp file and then choosing an additional ASA from the column on the left.  Has anyone been able to do something similar to the ASDM Launcher?

As a workaround I am using VBox and running in seamless with the ASDM installed there, but not the optimal solution.  Also, I am running CrossOver (Wine) and have Office 2007 installed and working but the ASDM says it installed under CrossOver but never creates the ICON.

asdm-without-optionforIP.jpg

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

this question is answered.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

manfernandez
Level 1
Level 1

OK OK the issues was that I was using the Open-Java as opposed to Sun Java.  Even though I installed the Sun version, it still failed.  In the launch file I specifically gave it the full path.  Works like a champ now.

#!/bin/sh
# Evoke ASDM-IDM Launcher on *NIX-based systems.
# Copyright (c) 2009 Cisco Systems, Inc.
# All rights reserved.
DIRNAME=`dirname "$0"`
cd "${DIRNAME}"
case "`uname`" in
    CYGWIN*)
    s=';'
    ;;
    *)
    s=':'
    ;;
esac

pwd