Network Security

Engage with peers and experts on network security topics such as FTD, FMC, FDM, CDO and ASA.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

“Free

Labels

Forum Posts

Hello,I recently purchased a PIX 515e with the "Failover" bundle, can I use this as a standalone unit? or, do I need to purcahse another ver. of the PIX IOS to make this work as a standalone? are there requirements to replace hardware as well?Thanks

We are planning to upgrade our CSM 4.2 SP1 to the latest version: 4.4 SP2. I was wondering has anyone done this before so I can get some Do's and Don’ts and also if someone can point me to the right documentation (step-by-step preferably) since I hav...

Ehsan M. by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi!I have an ASA5505 running 8.2(5) and it works fine with a simple config (thanks JF). However, behind it, a NAS is set to download stuff automatically somehow using port 51413. It seems this has stopped working.How do I open that port to a specific...

Hi All,We have an IPS4270-20-K9 appliance monitoring our DMZ network and INSIDE segment. There are two virutal sensors with different Signature Definiton and Event Action Rules policies for each segment. We recently updated software version from 7.0(...

Long story short, we converted an old firewall from ASA 7.2.4 to 9.0.2 recently and well...80% of the config carried over with all everything in the config functioning as intended....except NAT. I've been racking my mind around the nat rules and why ...

HiI am running version 9.1(1) and ASDM 7.3.1 as Cisco recommended.It looks like the creating of objects or something similar doesn't get applied. I don't see any progress bar window which generally says applying your config changes. So after a while ...

Hi Everyone,Need to share something here.Mostly we use extended ACL close to the source.Here is this scenario i need to use the extended ACL  close to destination to fix the issue.Here is infoServer 1  connected to interface X  ASA...

mahesh18 by Level 6
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hello,I have the following problem: I am using a management-only interface on ASA 5512X. This management interface is directly connected to a management network. i have configured the ASA to allow VPN on the inside and assign addresses from a pool in...

HI ,We are running with Cisco ASA 8.0.5 in multiple context mode please find configuration details for the sameFailover On Failover unit PrimaryFailover LAN Interface: asa-mgmt-failover Management0/0 (up)Unit Poll frequency 3 seconds, holdtime 9 seco...

Hi,We have currently install single ASA 5550 and want to install one more ASA for active standby mode, but cisco discontinoue or End of sale ASA 5550. can any one guide me ASA 5555X is compatible with ASA5550 on active standby mode or not.Regards,Fai...