Network Security

Engage with peers and experts on network security topics such as FTD, FMC, FDM, CDO and ASA.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Cisco CyberSecurity

Labels

Forum Posts

Hi all, we're looking to use an ASA5505 or 5510 as our firewall but want to see if one of them can help us prioritize traffic. I know it does QoS but we're wanting to dedicate x amount of our bandwidth to traffic based on destination IP address. Is t...

According to the below thread ASA5510 needs a security plus license to use Mgmt interface for regular traffic.https://supportforums.cisco.com/docs/DOC-4296Are there any license requirements to use the Mgmt interface of a ASA5520 (V8.4.2) as a regula...

Hi,I have 14 Cisco IDS sensors (4240,4255,IDSM-II) which I run IDM on for managment.  Haven't run IDM for a few weeks and on trying today I cannot get access to any of them!   I'm attempting to launch using IE 7.05 or Firefox 14.01 - both the same - ...

Client has a block of 5 static IP's for the ISP.  They currently have them all in use and set up with static nat (Inside,outside) commands.  They are adding a new web application and ftp server that will need to be accessed from the outside.  Is it p...

Hi!I have problems with two ASA5505 with software ASA Version 7.2(4)Both have stopped nothing happens when trying to boot up.The Power light is green and Status light is solid amber not green.How can two firewalls just be completely dead after three ...

lakerlund by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi allBy default the asa does a default application inspection for certain traffic.is this inspection only looking for certain port number changes and other embedded ip addresses? I gather it doesnt look for anonimalies etc ?cheers